The Orange County Week of the Family theme for 2016 is
FAMILY: A TEAM EFFORT!
Our goal with the Week of the Family is to help build strong families. When you compare strong families to strong teams, the following similarities appear:
- Just like individual players on a team, family members have their own unique skills, personalities and positions/roles.
- Strong families and teams both work together towards a common goal.
- You can’t play team sports successfully as an individual. We need our families to help us through good and bad times.
- Just as teams learn from practices and games, families learn as they help each other through life and give opportunities to learn and grow.
It is our hope that during the Week of the Family, you can find activities and opportunities to spend time together and build stronger teams. There are many different activities and service opportunities throughout all of Orange County. We are partnering with JustServe.org this year to help families find service opportunities. It is a place where community service needs are posted by organizations and families/individuals can visit to see where help is needed. It is a great resource and we hope you use it to find where your family can serve together during the Week of the Family. Please take a look at our calendar of events, OCPS’s Parent Academy, our Family Table Time Contest and find some time to spend with your team!
– Orange County Week of the Family Committee
Some of the Week of the Family sponsors. Click Here to see all sponsors.